Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

8 lug d44 spacers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big_truxx, Dec 17, 2004.

1. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

anyone tell me how much a pair of 4" spacers for a d44 8 lug would set me back? also good places to shop for things like this.

2. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

another note

also i am asking since i have a d44 8lug under my 84 4door dually. i was thinking it would be nice to swap the srw style wheel on front to the bud whel so everything would be the same. but the 44 8 lug has wms-wms of 69" and the d60 is 77" which would mean 4" difference on each side. is a spacer even a good idea? are there problems inherent with running spacers?

3. mechted

mechted 1 ton status Premium Member

4 inches of spacer is ALOT!
    it can cause problems with your ball joints... it has to do with shifting of the load point causing larger moments to be applied to the joints, it can destroy them very quickly... or it can cause no problems at all. People have different opinions/experiences with them

4. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

hmmmm

well then maybe rather than risk extra wear i would be better to leave the wheels alone. i dont like to cause extra stress to things unless necessary. :thinking:

5. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

Using the spacers with the dually offset wheels does not add any stress to the ball joints or bearings. This combo will put the total offset back to stock.

6. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

good point

thanks tim. that is a good point. i remember looking at my 2wd rotors a while back. they are a LOT bigger (stick out that 4"'s more) than a srw setup would. :waytogo:

7. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

is there anyone that sells a 4" spacer for less?

here's the response to a price check on 4" 8 lug sopacers i got;

Adapters and Spacers for 8 lug trucks:
    1” $65 each
    1.25” $75 each
    1.5” $85 each
    2” $95 each
    2.5” $125 each
    3” $150 each
    3.5” $155 each
    4” $165 each
    Prices are for each spacer (one unit).
    You will also need open ended lugs to mount adapter/ spacers to you hub they run $.75 each
    If you have any questions please feel free to call me at 303-934-2929
    Thank you and have a great day,
    Becky LeBlanc

now i was thinkin wtf? maybe i had the wrong idea that for about even $50 per spacer i was gonna get this job done. but still $165 ea and need open end lugs... yeah another $12 no biggie... :screwy: thats like $350 almost. and i bet i have to pay shipping on top of that too :haha: so lets round up to $375.... now i know we all have seen good deals on a d60.... i know i seen one go for $500 not that far away at one time. so :thinking: if there is no cheaper spacer out there not worth it. a d60 better spendage of money!!!

8. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

Try to round up some stock dually spacers.... You will find them on 88-up GM IFS 4x4s, 94-up Dodge, and various older duallies that used drums up front.

9. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

thnaks

thanks for the idea. i will have to go try to find pics of these.

10. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

also...

could anyone describe "open ended lugs" to me? i am trying to figure out what the setup from the email would look like.

11. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

I think that's a stock type lug nut where the stud hangs out the end.... as opposed to an aftermarket chrome ones that are long, and have a closed end.

12. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

hmmmm

well that was a first thought of mine but, i was also gonna assume that performance wheel would know about wheels and all more than me... and open ended lug would have something to do with a lug and not a lug nut... i asked for pics of at least a spacer so i could deduce what i may be dealing with. but still.. at their prices a d60 is just a hop skip and jump away.

13. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

he gave you the correct answer. it is a factory style open lugnut, as opposed to aftermarket closed end. has nothing to do with wheel studs other than length issues.

14. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

much apreciated

thanks for the info. I am still trying to cram all this new info in brain. now that i think about it you need two sets of lug nuts anyhow. guess thats what i get for trying to learn too much in one day. :dunno: all part of the learning process i guess. and i have to stop taking everything so literal when reading. i dunno why i thought lugs were lugs and not lug nuts. :haha: people do reffer to lug nuts as lugs... thanks again for helping me learn. :waytogo: