Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

8-lug front end parts, or whole 10-bolt front end $165; other 3/4 ton axles.

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by mountainexplorer, Feb 22, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Complete 8-lug outers (10 bolt or Dana 44), large bearing spindles, backing plates, 8-lug rotors and internal style hub assemblies, calipers, Warn Premium locking hubs. $100 *SOLD*

Right now it's all on a complete 10-bolt front axle, with inner/outer shafts, and good 3.73 gears, ready to run. Take the complete 3/4 ton front end for $165. *SOLD*

14-bolt Full Floater rear ends, complete, 3.73 *SOLD* and 4.10, $150 each.

Also, can get Dana 44 parts. All 3/4 ton outers with large internal style hub assemblies. Spindles, backing plates, rotors, $100.

Pair of Flattop knuckles (not machined), $65/pair with tie rod if wanted. *SOLD*

Stock Inner/outer axle shafts for Dana 44... $40 for both sides; inner and outer shafts.

Dana 44 front housing with factory 4.09 gears installed, $80.

Or take the whole Dana 44 flattop knuckle complete 3/4 ton front axle for $250. Or $375 and take a 4.10 14-bolt rear with it as a complete matched pair.

I'm sure most of us on here may have hook ups for stuff for cheap, but I just figured I'd place this stuff on here before I run a local ad in the paper.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2005
  2. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

Hey Allen, how's it going? Do you have a backing plate laying around? I have the parts to convert my 44 to eight lug, but one of the backing plates is the late (?) style with just the caliper mount. The other one is the full face style. I would like to find another full style so I can convert my Blazer to eight lug. If you have one (or should I say, if you want to part with just one), how much would you want for it? Can I use the heavy duty D44 outer with the light D44? Is that what you are calling the "large bearing spindle"? What kind of shape is the 14FF (3.73) in? Is it ready to go in? Thanks.
    T-roy

3. mountainexplorer

So, from what I understand, you have two 3/4 ton backing plates, but one of each style... the full solid round one and the bracket-only style (missing the tin dust cover). I think I have just one of the bracket only style ones, but only have a pair of the full solid piece ones. I may trade ya a full round for your bracket one... then I'd still have a matched pair out of the 3.

As far as your outers and inners... I could tell you for sure if I could see them. But I'm not 100% sure on what your asking right now. The large bearing spindles I have found to be on most if not all 3/4 ton front ends... cause I've interchanged the internal style hub assemblies with external style hub assemblies before and used the same spindle for both. I know they had small bearing spindles pre-76 I believe on the 1/2 ton 6-lug stuff.

The 14 bolt FF rear with 3.73's is a complete axle that was from a driving truck. I still have yet to pull the cover to visually verify the condition of the internals, but from what I can tell you from what I know of it right now, its in good working order. Brakes worked, but didn't drive the truck a whole bunch.

4. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

I believe that the 1/2 ton and light 3/4 ton had the same (Small bearing) spindle and hub (When we swapped out the set on my Burb, we used the same hubs on the eight lug outers), and the heavy 3/4 ton used the large bearing spindle. Does that sound right? It may very well be a year thing, I'm not sure. I would like to eventually go with the large style, but I think I can save some time and money using what is already on the truck. Especially since it's just a "looks" thing. Anyways, I would be more than willing to trade backing plates to make a set. I think that I want the "full" style. I don't have a good reason, but that's o.k. Do you know when KennyW is coming down this way? I know that he has some stuff at my place to pick up. If you want, I can send the backing plate that I have and you could UPS the other one down. I'll pay for it, of course. Let me know what you think.
    T-roy

5. mountainexplorer

I think that theres a lift of mine there. I'm not sure on Kenny's plans. How soon do you need the backing plate?

6. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I ran out of time last weekend while picking up my new car to stop and get those parts... Have not set any plans yet to get down there again, but I will be in Goldendale/The Dalles this weekend. Anyone willing to run up to The Dalles to meet me?

7. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

The bigger bearing is a late year 77 and newer thing, ran into that problem with the 44 that was under my 83, early year 77 and older were the smaller bearings...hope it clarify's things. Do a search and someone had given me the exact measurements on the spindles for the bearings, date was about 5/03 when I was having bearing problems right after I got my black 83.

8. mountainexplorer

Was yours a 3/4 ton or 1/2 ton front end? Seemingly, all the 3/4 ton spindles I've run across are the large bearing style.

9. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

Mine was a 3/4 ton 44 but I have seen early 77 bearings for the same front end and they are definitely smaller.

10. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

Dana 44 flat top knuckles pleazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzze!!! shipping to 86403. Also pm sent.

11. mountainexplorer

Ok, I'll be bringing down to the Portland area one full round 3/4 ton backing plate, one set of 8-lug outers, and I finally got the flattop knuckles pulled and should get them shipped out today.