Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

8 lug size

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Janitorjim8, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Janitorjim8

Janitorjim8 1/2 ton status

does anyone know if ford 8 lug and chevy 8 lug are the same size and what size they are? The truck is a chevy 97 3/4 ton.

2. 6.2puller

6.2puller 1/2 ton status

8 on 6.5 for all Ford Dodge and Chevy prior to the 99-current Ford superduty and Excursion. Those are 8 on 200 something MM.
    So in short they all work other than the 99-current ford superduties.

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

yabbot..

I had ford 8 lug rims on my 74 GMC..only thing you need to watch for is the lug nuts on fords have larger and different tapers than GM ones,so I used the ford lug nuts with the 1-1/16" hex.(same 9/16" thread though).I'm not sure, but Chevy ones could possibly pull thru the rims!..:eek1:

Dodge 8 lug rims are the same bolt pattern,(older than 87 at least)--but some have smaller center holes,and won't fit over the axle flange..fords have the biggest center hole,and fit everything --some guys say its not good to run rims with the center hole bigger than the axle flange,but I carried tons of weight in my truck with no troubles..most "aftermarket" wheels all come with the bigger Ford sized center hole too..:crazy: