Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

8 lug spicer hub "lever" interchange?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dyeager535, Oct 24, 2002.

1. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Dec 13, 2000
    8 lug spicer hub \"lever\" interchange?

Curious if anyone knows if the plastic center piece (the piece you turn from free to lock) is the same for the D44 and 10 bolt 8 lugs?

Dad just broke one on his '74 D44, and I know if the same part was used up until the 80's, the dealer probably won't have a problem finding it. If I tell them 1974, they MIGHT tell me I'm out of luck.

Of course we were supposed to leave for hunting an hour ago, which is why it broke now.
  2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Jan 7, 2002
    Re: 8 lug spicer hub \"lever\" interchange?

The 74 should be an external mount hub while the later stuff was internal mount (I'm sure you already know this, just clarifying for others). The knobs between the 2 are different, the external style knob has a pin across the diameter to acuate the guts and the internal style has ramps on the outer perimeter to actuate the guts.

Don't forget Ford used the same style hub (with a red knob) if you can't get it through a GM source.