Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

8 lug to 6 adapters for 14 bolt?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gmcjimmyboy, Jun 17, 2001.

1. gmcjimmyboy

gmcjimmyboy Newbie

I am swapping out my grenaded 10 bolt with a nice 14 bolt ff in my 90' jimmy and I have the obvious problem with my current rims not working. Is there such a thing as an adapter or am i just in denial? Of course I am looking for the easiest solution-any ideas?

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i have not seen one, but i do know you can go to the junk yard and get some nice whit spokes and paint them up. out here in cali they run 15 dollars for any size white spoke...
    they will mount them for 5 bucks too...

1974 Chevy Blazer Cheyanne. lots of plans for it....
    but it is on 33's now, with saggy old springs. i am in so cali if ya got any parts for me.

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

You are in denial...get some 15 or 16" rims in an 8 bolt pattern. You'll also have to swap to 8 lug outers in front unless the ratio doesn't match. If your ratios don't match then another 10 bolt or dana 44 could be swapped in the front or a ratio change done.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>