Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

8-lug wheels

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by fabjunkie, Jun 2, 2006.

1. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

What are you guys running for 15x10 8-lugs? What backspacing? I know this is a noob type question, but I'm having a hard time finding anything that will work. I've got a brand new set of 36x12.50/15 SX's that I can't afford to replace, so I need 15 inch wheels. I just want some cheap steel wheels, black, chrome, blue, green, whatever. The closest thing I've found so far is some white wagon wheels, 15x8 with 3 3/4" backspacing. I don't think this will be enough bs to clear the drums on the 14ff and they are 8". Obviously, discs would solve that problem, but I'm still trying to figure out if I can swing that right now or not. I still need to measure to see what backspacing will put me at the same width or slightly wider than where I'm at now. I'm thinking the wheels I have now are probably 3 1/2" bs on a 12-bolt.

2. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

If those are the rims from summit they will work. However they are not 3.75" backspacing they are 4.25" backspacing. The specs are wrong on their site. I have the rims from summit with 4.25" backspacing and other than the 3 hours of grinding on my Dana 60 they fit with no problems. The 14FF needs nothing done to it to fit those rims. I run 37X12.5X15 MTRs and I do not rub anywhere with 4" lift:D . Hope that helps

Ira

3. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

15" rims run no problem on 14 bolts :D

4. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

Yeah they are the ones from Summit, although I can't find them on their site. That's what they told me over the phone. The ribs on the drums won't get in the way? Although now that I think about it, the back of the drum is 7" from the wms. :thinking:

5. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

I bought some 15x10-8 lug wheels from 4WP that have a 2.75" b-s. It sticks out a little far but I ain't really worried about 14BFF wheel bearings. :wink1:
    I'll probably have to :hack: the front fenders to clear on turns (don't have the fronts installed yet).

They were $58 each plus shipping. They don't have them listed on the site but if you call, they're in the computer.

edit: Summit actually has two different black wheels, now:
    Plus a crapload more in white, chrome and "natural". Prices as low as $44.

6. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

These are the ones I bought and painted them Flat Black with a rattle can:D .

Wheels

Ira

7. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

Except he's looking for 15x10. Those are 15x8.

The 15x10 would be these.

8. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I know what he is looking for, but in a previous post I mentioned the rims he was looking at might be the ones I have on my Dana 60/14FF combo, that my good man, is why I posted that link:D .

Ira

9. sope

sope 1/2 ton status

It's not just Summit that has the wrong backspacing listed. I phoned U S Wheel direct and they list it too. The lady on the phone pulled a build sheet on the wheels and confirmed they were 4.25 not 3.75. What a pain in the ass. Mine are 8" not 10" so I can't say if it's the same for 10's

10. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

my rims are 15 x 10 with a 4.25 back spacing, and they fit fine on my 14bff i am installing. now as far as the front 8 lug conversion is fitting, well lets
    just say ,:grind::grind::grind::grind::grind::grind::grind::grind::grind::grind::grind::grind::grind::grind::grind::grind::grind::grind::yikes:

11. sebban

sebban Registered Member

I got the 15*12" Wheel Vintiques with 4"BS
    partnr. Wvi-82-5120804 (they are not listed anymore I think)

Am I the only one that received a bad wheel? In one of them the center was not welded correctly, the wheel wobble 1".. :screwy::screwy::screwy:
    And as for the fit... rear, no prob, front... 1day grinding per side.. :grind::grind::grind::grind::grind::grind::grind::grind::grind:
    Still not finished on the other side.. :grind::grind::grind::grind:

12. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

*shrug* K.

13. evo

evo Registered Member

here ya go from summit, 15 x 10 8 lug 2.5 backspacing, comes unpainted so you can paint them pink if want:D

USW-78-5080R

14. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

Thank you sir!

15. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

Nothing like the brotherhood I tell ya! Now I have so many choices I can't make up my mind. Didn't get around to taking my measurements yet, hopefully in the next couple of days. I won't be running a D60 for a while so I don't think :grind: will be an issue. I'm kind of torn between the USW-70-5080 & the 78-5080R....:thinking: Got to figure out much wider that will make me.

16. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

If you decide that you want center caps, don't get the crappy chrome ones. They rust out in a year.
    Rjay's Speed Shop sells stainless ones for $13 each. Best price I found.

17. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

I'd go with 15x8 for the 12.5" wide tire. That's what I did and it looks really good. I got the Black Cragar wheels from Summitt for about $38 apiece, I like 'em.