Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

8-lugs for 15 inch tires

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by EDdaTREE, Jun 7, 2000.

1. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Got a buddy looking for 8-lug 15 inch wheels to run gumbo's on his 3/4 ton axles....anyone know a company that makes these?

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

About the only rim you will find is a wagon wheel for about $35-45 each. Now here is the deal...if your bud is running a 10 or 44 front then with some quality grinder time yes you can get 15 inch rims on the truck with some offset but if your bud is running a D60 front then I don't think the 15's will fit if he plans on running front brakes.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper

3. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

I just ordered a set of white 8 spokes in a 15x10 eight lug from Discount Tire in dallas. Their # is (915)-947-8977. They told me I would have to grind the calipers but that's no big deal. The wheels are made by unique and are a build to order wheel, which means no refunds. If they don't fit you still have to keep em. If you call ask for Branden, he's the guy I talked to and he's got a 4x4 background which means he won't say no immediately when you ask for an 8 lug in a 15x10.

BIGJ

4. Tommy

Tommy 1/2 ton status

Bart wheel and Eaton both make 8 lug 15" wheels

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

American Racing also makes 8-lug 15-inch wheels. The main limitation you'll find is that all the 8-lug 15-inch wheels out there are steel only. Due to the thickness of aluminum wheels there would be no clearance for the brake calipers.

8-lug 16-inch wheels fit with no grinding, but there isn't a very good tire selection available yet for them.

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <font color=blue>http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com</font color=blue>

6. Russell Keys

Russell Keys 1/2 ton status

I may be mistaken, but I thought that a d44 out of a 1/2 ton and a 3/4 ton were the same other than the obvious # of wheel studs. If this is true then why would you even need to grind the caliper, they're the same?

7. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

The rotors appear to be larger in diameter. I've got an 8-lug 15x10 American Racing white spoke wheel that I bought to test-fit on my truck. It definitely doesn't fit my 8-lug Dana 44 front axle. [​IMG] The caliper bracket is in the way more than the caliper itself.

Clearance isn't much of a problem on the rear 14-bolt FF, but it has been converted to disc brakes using the TSM brackets and '76 Caddy Eldorado rear calipers.

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <font color=blue>http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com</font color=blue>