Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

8 Mile... The Movie

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Apr 27, 2003.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

So last night I rented and watched 8 Mile... No one I know who saw it and told me about it said it was good... But I thought is was pretty cool... The ending was unexpected though, I thought the movie would keep going for a while longer...

Anyway, if you haven't seen it, go see it because it's not bad like so many people are saying it is /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif i own it and like it a lot

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Anyway, if you haven't seen it, go see it because it's not bad like so many people are saying it is

[/ QUOTE ]
    I saw it and I have to agree with the other people it sucked a$$ just like his rap (notice I did not say music).
    /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

4. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Seen it the day it came out (the early show at 6:30)
    Saw it again in Dec when my buddy moved back from China
    Saw it again at the dinner theater with a bunch of friends (so we could drink and shoot the [censored] at intermission)
    Then I baught it the morning it was released, immediatly watched it and all the extras, then had the folks watch it that night (and they liked it too!), then a friend of mine thats not into rap I got to watch it and they liked it too.
    So its not really a Rap movie, even though it does have it roots in Hip-hop and rap. Its a comdey, drama, and action flick, only one person got shot and lived! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Great movie all around, I would say its a good movie for about anyone to at least rent or borrow from a friend!

5. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i just saw it for the first time about 30min ago, not a bad movie really. i like eminem, he's cool. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

I dug it too. For a musician, he's a good actor. I like him and his music.

7. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I liked it, I thought it was good...

8. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I like him and his music.

[/ QUOTE ] having seen tori, i'd have to say /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif i could NOT picture you rollin in the k5 with this bumpin on your dope system

9. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

I don't really like Eminem, I hope he breaks out in A$$holes and Sh!ts himself to death. But let him do his own thing, it's the USA. I'll probably watch the movie anyway.

10. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I liked the movie a lot. Not much for rap music, but it really isn't about that. Cool movie! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

8 mile was an okay movie. not great, but ok. Not exactly a stretch for m/m playing an angry white rapper guy. Problem for me was that because hes an angry white rapper in real life its hard to see his "character" as an inidividual... so the whole time when hes sposed to be poor and stuff in the flick Im thinking "bullshizzel you're fawkin rich f00" and stuff. lol! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

12. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Ok, the movie isnt about him. But alot of the stuff B-rabbit experienced, marshall (eminem) had experienced growing up. I thought he was a fantastic actor and the battles were awesome even though they are written. You know he can rap, because he used to really battle growing up... You have to be extremely articulate and clever to flow good. And in the extra features, he does improvise and actaully battles a few extras who won a contest to battle him and its great to watch. The plot of the movie is also really well developed about a guy who sets his mind to something and accomplishes it while all this drama is going on in his life(family problems, people doin' his girlfriend, being poor, etc).
    btw jek, its all an act (him dissing the music awards and other people) if you ever see him in an interview or anything you can see that hes not that pissed off or ravin' and rantin' about sh!t.

13. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i still dont see how acting in a movie the exact same way you do in "real life" is "great acting". real life: angry white guy rapper... movie: angry white guy rapper... like I said, not exactly a stretch. When he plays a crossdresser from the suburbs or something and pulls it off flawlessly, then I'll believe he is a "great" actor.

j

14. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

good movie /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif got the DVD too. i think he is very tallented but i'm curiouse to see what happens when he isn't angry any more. what will he write about and will it be any good? we'll have to see.

i like when Chedder Bob shot himself in the leg /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

at first i thought it was his /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif ... but when the doctor said he hit an artery, i knew it was probably his leg, then they actaully said leg in the raps. Needless to say I was dissapointed /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. GM Man

GM Man 1/2 ton status

Not a bad flick, I would watch it again.