Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

8" suspension steering corrections and driveline.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, Mar 7, 2001.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

8\" suspension steering corrections and driveline.

I know that I will definately need a steering arm and drag link, but is there anything else I might have missed? Also, with the driveline.......I currently have a t-case drop and know that I will need to get my driveshafts lengthened and converted to 3/4 ton u-joints. Is there anything else I can do to get the angles a little better including the t-case and new driveshafts? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I plan on going to pick up my 38's this weekend.

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos

2. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

Re: 8\" suspension steering corrections and driveline.

With an 8" lift, crossover is the only way to go.

Tim

70 Blazer CST 4X4 350 SM465 NP205
    87 Burb 4X4 350
    01 GMC 2500HD 4X4 Duramax/Allison

3. achuskies69

achuskies69 1/2 ton status

Re: 8\" suspension steering corrections and driveline.

<font color=green> Well i have read some articles on Offroad.com with Potent Rodent, and you may want to check them out. You may want to ask abouit a drop Pitman arm, and a steering block to help with driveline angle in the front. Also you might want to look into a CV joint for the rear driveshaft to help with the angle you will be running.

<font color=green> I love cowboy hats
    [​IMG]