Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

8 to 6 lug adapter

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by trukker, Nov 28, 2005.

1. trukker

trukker 1/2 ton status

I'm wanting to swap my 8 lug 14 ff over to 6 . Can someone tell me where to get wheel adapters to do this with. Also who makes a disc brake kit that will fit 15 in wheels?

2. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Do a search on this. There is no "wheel adapter" that can do it because of the size of the hub that sticks through the wheel. There have been a few 6-lug conversions, but it requires machining the hub down and some other stuff that probably costs more than a set of 8-lug wheels.

3. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

14BFF disc conversion rings
    So why doesn't anyone make these?

4. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

I have a set of tonyp's adapters. Before you get excited...he doesn't make them anymore.

And even though they may cost more then a cheap set of 8 lug wheels, they probably don't cost more then a set of 8 lug wheels and doing the 8 lug conversion on the front axle. That's why I went with them. Having the hubs machined down was acutally really easy, just bring them to a machine shop and give them the measurement, cost me $50 total if I remember. Now as soon as I get my 60 rebuilt I'll finally go 8 lug. But at this rate that won't be for about another 8 months :doah:

5. trukker

trukker 1/2 ton status

I did a search and the two things that came up were to machine the hubs or adapters. The link to Hossbabys article would not come up for me. I already have the 8 lug axles with 15 x10 in wheels but they have too much backspacing(2in.) and do not look right to me. I have 3 sets of 6 lug wheels ,so I was wanting to find an easy was to do this without a bunch of machining or buying another set of wheels.