Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

8 triangle wagon wheels ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by R72K5, Apr 27, 2002.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

are wheels like these actual GM wheels ? http://abacus.sj.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_1923778ed55a2779e7be6175f/i-3_B.JPG

there are these wheels on my stepdad's 82 K-10 and I have a pair laying aorund too, and a pair of 5 lug ones also, except that thr 5 lug ones hahve the screrws holding the caps on from the backside. so.... hmmm..

what years were these used and i assume are dealer only ?

thanks

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Those look aftermarket to me. I don't recall GM ever having those factory...

Rene

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

even thoguh they have the holes for the rally caps screws ? who made them and suplied them then ? they arent cheap ones like you normally see around(the ones with blue and red stripes around outside diameter without holes for rally caps screws, you know...)

thanks

4. tRustyK5

They could be Toyota rims...same bolt pattern.

Rene

5. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Not calling you wrong Rene but I have seen quite a few trucks w/ that style of wheel w/ a factory cap. I think they were late 70s early 80s. I think it was an optional wheel. OR a GM aftermarket deal.

6. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

toyota used 15" wheels with 7 or 8" width and gm rally caps ?!
    wierd.. sometihng doesnt seem right...

7. tRustyK5

I'm not saying I'm right either Steve...I just haven't seen that style before.

Rene

8. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Thats why I was careful about how I said it. Dont wanna start no heat, I think I have done enuff of that for a while. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Well I seen a set on an all orig 80 ish truck (pre 81 up style) about 2 hrs ago. Dead stock, decent shape, even had the center caps.

9. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

They look like it, it's a little hard to tell. (and just to clarify, GM did offer them factory on mid to late '70 trucks/Blazers..My uncle still has his orig. '76 (with factory soft top too!) with those rims, and I've got my parts '77 which came with the same wheels.)
    The drawback is, the Orig. GM ones are usally only 6.5" or 7" width though. Tough to fit a decent tire on those.

BlazerMan

10. Lazydog

Lazydog 1/2 ton status

Good Morning, My 78 GMC Jimmy had those style of wheels and I think they were factory. I took a picture but it didn't come out. I also measured them, and it came out to 9" from end to end. With the bead area I think the wheel is considred a 8" wheel. I Looked in my glove box, it says "Styled Wheels". The RPO code is PA6.