Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

80 Blazer Road Noise

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kshotrod, Oct 31, 2001.

1. kshotrod

kshotrod Newbie

Ive got a 80 Blazer that has some extreme road noise, outter rust of course and running 32X11.50 Mud Kings I cant here my self think driving down the road. Blazer has been rear ended before I bought it so doesnt align perfect in the back, any ideas?

2. kshotrod

kshotrod Newbie

Damn, 11 people have read this and not a single suggestion, me thinks im in trouble :P

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Does your K5 have the interior side trim in the back? Stripper models had bare steel walls and are VERY loud inside. Side panels and carpet in the back make a big difference. Carpet over the wheel wells too. I've bought a couple of those cheapie closed cell foam camping pads (won't absorb water) and plan to glue them to the walls, behind the side panels to see if that quiets things down even more. The pads are less than $6 each at Walmart. [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

4. kshotrod

kshotrod Newbie

No it doesnt have the side Panels, It does have carpet in the cargo area. I was wondering if there was a place to order side panels and attach them to blazer? I didnt even know that any of them had that till I seen a pic of one today.

5. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

cut out a pattern and make them yourself, original one was just thick cardboard with vynil covering over it. I am redoing mine, i may use a thicker cardboard, or some thin wood. Have also considered making speaker boxes, others have done that too.

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

That would be why it's so noisy. [​IMG] Anything you can do to deaden sound in that echo chamber back there will help! [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

7. Gopherkiller

Gopherkiller 1/2 ton status

Turn the radio up louder! GOPHERKILLER

8. keegans80k5

keegans80k5 Registered Member

My 80 had the side panels and they were in bad shape. I pulled them out and made new ones with some thin OSB and covered them with vinyl from the fabric shop. I think I had about $65-70 in them. It worked out well, and I am still using them today.