Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

80 c10 m/c for the 83 k20 ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by R72K5, Dec 19, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

does anyone know if or think that a stock 80 c-10 master cylinder would replace stock m/c on 83 k20 ? (both power vacuum brakes) the m/c on the 83 is iron and the one from the 80 is aluminum i do believe, ill have to look again, ive seen and removed so many of them in the past that im having hard time keeping track, plus i have others laying around ive taken from other trucks we've junked, so..

my 83 m/c is getting bad, the brakes work pretty good and all but the pedal goes way too far down and the pedal begins to sink when stopping/am stopped sometimes or almos every time, and the warning light has quit coming on since having started hauling heavy loads in the last week or so until recently when the tie rod end came loose on me, i dont think the m/c is going to live much longer, and i have to use this truck to haul really heavy loads, so....

this is what happens to a truck thats put into full service from after being never even started up for a bunch of years in a row. i been needing to bleed the brake fluid out anyways, so..

thanks for anything

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

ok well right off the bat i just found out that at least with the aluminum 80-up 1/2 ton m/c's the front line is larger than the back line and well on the 83 K20 with iron m/c the front line is smaller than the rear one, sooooooo i found an iron one with smaller front line just identical to the 83 k20 one, so i have already swapped and am in process of bleeding the m/c out, it is already running out of the line ports with reservoirs full yay

should be no problem at all. i hope, and if i can at least get the front bleeder screws to cooperate then i should be ok until i can afford to buy a really nice GM or equivalent m/c some day becaus ei dont want to lose this truck and i need to haul heavy stuff with it, soooooo... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

anyone know of any disc brake pickup or cab and chassis m/c setup that has larger line at front of the m/c and smaller on at rear of it ?

trying to confirm that 1/2 ton are large front and small front- and that 3/4 ton and 1 ton are small front and large rear

but may all matter if is aluminum or iron m/c

if anyone minds looking on their 1/2 through 1 ton stock original rigs ?

i want to keep all the info stored here for future reference for myself and others

learning info is cool

thanks