Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'80 swb, 3/4 ton, 40" MTR's

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by low 84, Jul 7, 2005.

1. low 84

low 84 Registered Member

Heres whats been done in the past 3 months:
    ½ ton axles scraped for ¾ ton. Lets start with the rearend. 14 bolt FF, completely clean and freshly painted, hub bearings and rear hub seals replaced, converted to discs with brand new rotors, calipers, pads, stainless line from the bed to the T fitting, great lake offroad diff cover (1/2 inch laser cut flange, cnc bent plate), I relocated the rear shocks as seen in pictures with a removable upper shock hoop and repositioning the lower axle mounts. Front axle is a dana 44, also completely cleaned and painted, new rotors calipers, pads, stainless lines, all four ball joints are new spicer joints and I set the preload correctly, tie rod is a 1.5” off road design and is basically bullet proof, i don’t think theres anyway you could bend it, tie rod ends and draglink ends are brand new, front also has a great lake offroad diff cover. Both axles are open with 4.10’s. Wheels and tires are hummer H2’s and 40x13.50x17 goodyear MTR’s. these tires run $400 a piece……….. so that’s $1600 worth of tires on this thing! The tires don’t show any wear and are basically new. Lift springs are 6 inch tuff country easy rides. I also put 1 inch ORD zero rates on it for a total of 7 inches of lift. I dropped the transfer case with some beefy box tubing not dinky little spacers. It has an ORD frame brace on it, there was a small hair line crack in the frame like they all get which we welded up before installing the brace.

Everything listed so far was done in the past 3 months.

Drivetrain:
    It has a non original 350 in it that runs strong and sounds good through the 40 series flows. Its not pretty but it runs good, I drive it every day and have never had a problem with it. Tranny is a th350, it leeks a little, I add a little bit of fluid every few weeks. The tranny does not engage park, it could be just a linkage adjustment or mabey something internal, I have not had time to look at it and it still drives and shifts very good. This is really the only mechanical thing that I think needs attention on it and it could be an easy fix. The truck drives perfectly fine, I drive it everyday, I just park it on flat ground. Transefer case is an np205. according to the previous owner he had it rebuilt and externally it appears to have been but I can’t verify that it has. I have never had the truck offroad since I built it which is part of the reason I’m selling, but the transfer case goes into all the gears and looks to operate fine.

Body:
    The body on this thing is something I have not given any attention too, it has dents, and a little rust here and there, but this truck wasn’t built to be pretty. Floor pans have some rust and have been patched previously, but they are plenty solid for this type of truck and you feet aren’t going to go trough them. I cut the front fenders out as you can see in the pics and I love the way it turned out and it gives you plenty of clearance with the 40’s. I also cut the bottom off the front bumper. I planned to cut the back ones out but haven’t gotten around to it.

General stuff:
    When building this truck what I had in mind was drivability and offroad capability. I really love the way it turned out, I think the height and wheels and tires look perfect on it, the stance is really mean. I’ve pretty much replaced all the running gear, suspension and steering. This thing drives awesome. The tires are a big part of that. They don’t howl or shake one bit going down the highway at 65mph, which for 40’s is a pretty big accomplishment. The steering is great and the truck rides very good in my opinion for a truck this size. I’m selling because I’ve never used the truck for what I built it for and I want to get a boat. I’ve tried to describe every thing I can think of about the truck. I have invested just in the suspension/axles/tires what I’m asking for the whole truck, the tires and wheels are worth half of the asking price! I’m not trying to make a profit off the truck and I think it’s a steal at this asking price. Truck is located in college station, tx.

pics here if they aren't working in this thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php3?t=163317

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

truck has had a for sale sign in it for about 3 days and I’ve had about 10 calls and 3 seriously interested guys, but none had the money on hand and I wasn’t willing to take a deposit and hold it. Its gonna go quick, so if you want it speak up

asking $3500

Last edited: Jul 8, 2005
  2. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

good looking truck :D

if i had the coin i would like it

bump for you :wink1:

3. detour00

detour00 Registered Member

You still have the truck forsale???

4. detour00

detour00 Registered Member

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

it sold...

6. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Dammit!

Shutterfly closed Feb. 1st and now I can no longer view the pics of this truck that was here.

How can I get these pics viewable again? The member hasn't been on here for a while.

Dammit!

7. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

.....:confused:

Why're you bring up a 2.5 year old thread?

8. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

For the pictures. I liked how this truck looked and the parts it had.