Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

80's chevy vans

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tecton, Nov 17, 2003.

1. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

80\'s chevy vans

what are they called?
    Im trying to search for one on like auto trader, or some place, but i dont know what to search for to find it

2. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Re: 80\'s chevy vans

G10, G20, G30

3. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

oooooohhhh

think there are any of those pimped out vans left? or do i have to do it myself

4. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

We just sold our 89 for $500. Pretty nice, but wasn't pimped out... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I'm sure they're all over the place. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

a-team van /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

im looking for a van for computers and whatnot in the back

needs some 13" gold spokes /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif [​IMG]

6. bpiccioni

bpiccioni 1/2 ton status

What about the 4 Wheel Drive conversion? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

7. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Wrong forum

8. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    What about the 4 Wheel Drive conversion?

[/ QUOTE ]

there are some companies that make em. i can't remember the name though- try a search on google. only bummer about those is they start to get too tall and tippy. i'd like it if GM made a 4wd van with ifs. it'd be the sh!t for a work rig in the winter. i'd be all over it.

9. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    What about the 4 Wheel Drive conversion?

[/ QUOTE ]

there are some companies that make em. i can't remember the name though- try a search on google. only bummer about those is they start to get too tall and tippy. i'd like it if GM made a 4wd van with ifs. it'd be the sh!t for a work rig in the winter. i'd be all over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well guess what you're in luck.
    GM didn't but quigley which is the only company left doing 4wd van conversion now (thereused to be pathfinder and another one I can't remember) and they offer the GM van in either IFS or straight axle. The IFS you guessed it is lower and more road friendly.
    It's not cheap though it adds anything from $10k up to 20k depending on what you want.

I have one that I converted myself, and I might be making another when i get some time, this time I want to try an IFS. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

also search for models such as nomad, vandura, beauville, chevy van, sport van, conversion van, etc, those were model packages of vans throughout the years, there were tons of conversion package names, they were painted on the exterior somewhere usually,. i have owned quite a few vans, all 74-79 years, soem super shorty and some extended length, there were a bunch of different wheel base lengths available for vans and engiens from 400 small block down to the 250 straight six and with three speed manua, th350, or 700r4, ive had at leats oen van with each of those three trannies,
    G10 are lightest 5 lug 1/2 ton van, G20 are heavier 5 lug 1/2 ton van, basically 3/4 ton but with 5 lug still, then there were the G30, the big heavy vans, usually with 14 bolt FF and same or longer wheelbase than the longest G20 vans
    my last van was last summer, was a 77 G20 long van, originally 400sb and th400 and when i got it it had a 76 pass car 350 2bbl and th350 in which is now in the 82 trans am

a neighbor of mine has an 82 1 ton dually van with box, its huge but is normal 16" dually 8 lug setup, just that the 14 bolt FF is way wider than pickup burb ones and leaf packs separated farther apart than other trucks

if you pop hod on most years of vans there is the SPID label glued to botom side of hood on driver side and will tell you axle ratio, engine, body package, etc,.

thats all i know right now, email me if you need any info

11. djsblaze

djsblaze 1/2 ton status

I drove one of the Quigley conversions for about 2 weeks about 2 years ago. Borrowed it from a friend for a ski trip. That thing was awesome. Dont know how good on a tight/steep trail, but awesome for hauling people and gear through snow. Thumbs up on offroad vans.