Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

80's extended cabs?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Sep 3, 2001.

80\'s extended cabs?

about three times in twice as many years i've seen extended cab chevy pickups, that were the boxy variety, I.E. my 83 blazer. they had the stocker two-tone paint with the pumpkin orange triplestripe dividing the upper twotone.. the lower of course is that chrome rubstrip tape... the thing is they have all looked identical, only different colors, but very stock... anybody know anything about these oddities? i thought you could only get single cab and doublecab configurations in 73-87...

1. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Re: 80\'s extended cabs?

I have seen one of these too...I've also heard people swear there is no such thing.

90K5

2. Re: 80\'s extended cabs?

they've been in the magazines before. some guys with lots of time and money have made their own extra cabs with the 73-87 body style. some look very factory. i wish chevy would have done this. it would be cool to have an extra cab on a blazer frame with a flat bed.

<font color=blue>American Pie 2-"Have you seen my flute?" "Yeah, I stuffed it in your box."</font color=blue>

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I've also heard that there is no such thing. I did see a custom on one time in a magazine though. Anything is possible though. If you have the money anything is possible.

4. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

There were several customizers out there that did GM extended cabs in the 70's and 80's. For about $8,000 over sticker, you could buy them at certain dealers. My uncle had a killer 84 K10 extended cab, bought it off the lot at Courtesy Chevrolet.

1 tequila 2 tequila 3 tequila Floor
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

According to both my '82 and '86 GM C/K10-30 truck manuals, there was nothing but the trucks we know and love, made. That includes the chassis/cab setup, the 3+3, the Blazers, Suburbans, and the pickups.

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    No anti-theft measures on your truck? No pity when its stolen