Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'81 Front end W/ '78 fenders?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLUESMAN, Dec 14, 2001.

1. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.
    \'81 Front end W/ \'78 fenders?

Can I fit an '81 radiator support/headlt frt. end to '78 fenders with a little modifing?I have the '81 hood and the front support along with the grill and headlt bezels, but have '78 fenders.i would like to use the '81 bumber too.Whatcha all think?Possible or too much work?

2. Re: \'81 Front end W/ \'78 fenders?

why don't you just get the fenders too??? you have all the otherstuff. i don't think it will look right even if you do get it to work. the 81 and up front bumpers are different too and i'm pretty sure they will hit the fenders on the 73-80 body style. might as well do it right and get the rest of the parts. just my opinion.

<font color=blue> Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

</font color=blue>

3. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Re: \'81 Front end W/ \'78 fenders?

Won't work...unless you like 'em really ugly. [​IMG]

Michael[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm>www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm</a>

4. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

the 81 support is shorter, also 78 and 81 hood mounts on fender are different, 81 has more of a slope, either have to stay 73-80 or 81-91 blazer (87 p/u)

it is always easier to ask for forgiveness than permission

5. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

Compare the height of the front of the 81 hood to a 73-80 hood and you'll quickly see that the hood will not match the fenders.