Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

82 350 Motor Manifold Heats up bright ORANGE

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jeepsick, Jan 7, 2003.

1. jeepsick

jeepsick Newbie

The passenger side Manifold on my 350 is heating up and about ready to melt after about two hours of driving. The carb is not running too lean. I checked the catylic converter, I torched the heat riser, and plugged all the loose vaccume lines. Is there anything else anyone knows to try? Anyone had this prob before

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Your timing maybe????180 out... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. 79Silv4x4

79Silv4x4 Registered Member

I had the same problem on my '83 and it was timing!

4. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

Retarded timing will do that, but if it is just one side, it is a vacuum leak. Most likely at the intake manifold gasket.

5. wrathORC

wrathORC 1/2 ton status

Only one side, eh?

Do you still have all the original smog junk on it? If so, is the valve down there by the firewall in the exhaust system opening?

It might be timing but it sounds like it's either an exhaust or air problem. If you've got a dual plane intake spray some WD-40, carb cleaner, brake cleaner, or windshield washer solvent around the base of the carb on the driver's side. You might be sucking air under the carb.

Pull out the spark plugs on the passenger side and see if it's just one or two cylinders or all of them.

[​IMG]