Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

82 4 speed column, 25 bucks

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by R72K5, May 15, 2004.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

ask for details, is in great shape, 25 and mail? also have pedals assembly form same truck, 25 and mail ?

thanks

2. GRINCH

GRINCH 1/2 ton status

Is it tilt?, What about the turn signal arm,cruise. Any pics. Shipping to 59602.

3. BigRed89

BigRed89 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know if this has the same electrical hook-ups as an 85?

4. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Does anyone know if this has the same electrical hook-ups as an 85?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, wipers on the 83+ trucks are on the turn signal arm, and the 82 and older trucks, they are on the dash.

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

84-up you mean, 83 wipers are on dash still

this column is non tilt, and it has dealer installed cruise connected to the turn signal arm, turn signal arm is a standard one, the cruise switch asembly is attached ot the chrome stem part of the turn sig switch handle, the dealers installed them this way, not the factory, the harness for the cruise is small and separate from any other wiring

the column can work in a 73-83 truck if the intermediate shaft is same as 82 style, im pretty sure 82 style is non spline, and uses a bolt instead like they all did starting in or just before the 80s, i forgot what year they changed form splines to bolted shaft

i would parts the column out if someoen needed good turn signal assembly and harness, or good safety neutral switch, or the dealer cruise switch assembly, or ignition key cylinder lock and key, or the column housing that is undamaged, just lemme know,. i also have access to a 77 or 78 tilt auto column whole or parts it would work in all 73-83 5-30 series trucks
    i am pretty sure i still have an extra turn signal switch and key lock cylinder housing from a 78 auto tilt column too plus horn and cap related parts,s crews, etc. and several nice stock wheels too, soem small cap style before 78 and others large style 79-85 or so and i think one 80s small cap style wheel(silverado) and an 87 s-10 four spoke style wheel and cap everything i can measure diameter if someone is interested maybe

thanks