Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

82 GMC 3500 Crew Cab, Banks turbo, SM465 w/ gear splitter, 19.5 wheels, $8,000, BO

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by BlueBlazer, Oct 24, 2005.

1. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

Hey guys, I am selling my 82 Crew Cab some of you may have seen before. Here are the specs:

6.2L diesel (receipts showing it was a crate engine installed in '92) with Banks turbo system and full 3" exhaust.

Ranger overdrive unit, SM465, fixed yoke NP205

Dana 60/70, both open with 4.10 gears

19.5 P30 rims with 8R19.5 F load rated tires (about 10,000 miles on the tires with very little tread wear, they wear very little since they are made for much heavier vehicles)

4" lift with Tuff Country HD springs up front and shackle flip in rear (it tows very well with the shackle flip in case you are worried).

New carpet and newer upholstery, has captains chairs out of a newer Ford truck

What it needs or could use:

Dash pad (bought a replacement but it fits terribly)

New weatherstripping on doors (I have GM weatherstripping that is NIB, but just never installed)

I installed an electric lift pump, but it is a cheapo Autozone part, so I have a pump for a newer 6.5L to install, I just havent got around to it.

Needs new rear speakers

Could use new front doors, previous owner put new skins on them and did not so good a job installing them.

It needs one new glow plug, I installed 7 new GPs from Kennedy diesel but the rear passenger side is such a pain to install I never got around to it, thus it smokes for a bit when weather is below 50 degrees or so. The glow plug should take care of this.

There are other new parts I have installed in the 2 years I have had this truck and it was my daily driver for over a year going 35 miles each way to work, so it is very reliable.

Any other questions or pics needed, email me at tbirkey@msn.com

Thanks!

148802913qEvDwu_ph.jpg

2. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

man thats a nice truck, i almost wish i wasnt buying a house now!!! lol good luck selling it, if you would take my 93 chevy 4x4 and my 2002 cr 250 for trade i would be all over that lol, why you selling it anyways?

3. BlueBlazer

I am selling it because I just bought a 97 Dodge to replace it.

4. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Can you send me some anymore pics you have to irakinkead@yahoo.com?

I wanna try and Convince the wife I need this. It is exactly what I have been looking for and with a cross country drive in front of me it would be perfect.

Thanks

Ira

5. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

sweet a$$ truck man!

6. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

You have an email, i may have to buy this.

7. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

Is this still available? I haven't heard back on my email?

8. BlueBlazer

Still for sale, engine broke a connecting rod this past winter. I will sell it all for $5500 except for the 19.5s (I removed them to put on my Dodge).

9. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

bump for ya, and I've got a question.

Where the heck did you find those rims?:dunno: And do they have anymore:haha:

I've been looking at p-30's in j/y's but no one seems to have any. Also found some new on line but the place is being hard to get ahold of. Thanks,
    Brett

10. BlueBlazer

I got them for 35 bucks a piece from a local junkyard. I don't think they had anymore (I bought 7 from them). My best advice is to call around for places that have stepvans they are parting out and see if they have any 19.5s for them. I still have the rims and I just got them machined to put on my 97 Dodge by the way.