Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

82 Suburban 4X4 parts???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chaka454, May 22, 2002.

1. chaka454

chaka454 1/2 ton status

Hey guys maybe you all can help me on this one, I have a friend that wants to sell me his 82 Suburban 4X4 with a messed up 6.2 Diesel engine, I have a 73 K5, if I buy this truck what parts can I use out of it, I already have 3/4 ton axles on mine but I want to go with 1 ton axles so that would be out of the question since the Suburban is not a 1 ton I think, what do you guys think, I think I can buy it cheap he has not told me the price he asked me to come and see it 1st and we talk about the $$$ later.

2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

You can use the whole powertrain, but since you have 3/4 ton already, I dont think it will be much good for you. Unless you want the t-case which I think should be the 208. It would give ya a good low gear. I dont think it would be worth it to me to buy the Burb, unless you can get it cheap enough and part it out on here to make some extra money.