Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

83 3/4 ton smog questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CasterTroy, May 2, 2006.

1. CasterTroy

CasterTroy Registered Member

Apr 26, 2006
    I've got an 83 Suburban 3/4 ton 4x4 and I was wondering what all it had from the factory concerning smog/emmisions?!?!

To my knowledge it didn't come factory with cat's so I wondered what else it was missing. I've got something that looks like fuel lines and wiring dangling from behind the passenger rear wheel under the back quarter panel :doah: and don't know what THAT is either.

FYI....I'm in NC not the soviet republik of Kali, so anything older than 95 doesn't get the sniffer, only a safety inspection
  2. R77K10

R77K10 Banned

Mar 15, 2006
    each one is different, all depends on many factors including where it was built for and at, and GVRW and drivetrain combo and so forth

theres an emission label under the hood on the rad support or on the air cleaner

if its over 8200 GVW then its probably only got TCS and possibly AIR

no cats, no EGR, or ESC/EST

the heavier rigs didnt get very much for emissions equipment in 48 states anyways

IL is changing to 95 and older also, but they only test around the big city anyways, and not out here in cornfields no where down state, cept possibly near St Louis maybe

good luck