Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

83-91 SF backing plates: WTB

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by thatK30guy, Apr 10, 2001.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Looking for some 3/4 ton SF backing plates from 83-87 truck, or 83-91 Suburban. Either 2WD or 4WD will work. I need some to fit on a 14FF for Wayne, who is purchasing front and rear from me. These are for 13" drum brakes.

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Wouldnt it be easier to just swap the parking brake cables? </font color=blue>

[​IMG]

3. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Thank you Wes. I am still looking. I know of one SF in a yard I will check on Thursday. I have a few yards to check in the next 2 weeks so we might get lucky. Donna has off Thursday, Friday, Monday, and Tuesday so I will get a chance to look around then.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://jamonline.homestead.com/fromthegroundupK54x4/89Jimmy.html>http://jamonline.homestead.com/fromthegroundupK54x4/89Jimmy.html</A>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

There are two types of parking brake cables. 82 and older use two bolts on each plate to hold the cables in. Those cables are also equal length.
    83 and newer cables do not use bolts. They simply clamp in place by pushing the cable thru the plate holes. These cables are not equal length. The passenger side is longer to run over the pinion to the driver side cable and mount up to a bracket on the driver side near the forward part of the rear spring hanger.