Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'83 Blazer K5 For Sale...Sorry Darlin, you gotta go.

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by strkrvgmad, Oct 2, 2004.

1. strkrvgmad

strkrvgmad Registered Member

Nov 26, 2003
    \'83 Blazer K5 For Sale...Sorry Darlin, you gotta go.

I am selling my 83 Chevy Blazer full size 4x4. My wife says that I have too many projects and I have to get rid of some.

This truck has a 350 motor with unknown mileage (doesn't smoke, but I'm sure the #'s are up there). She starts right up, and only needs a pump or two on the gas on cold mornings.
    She has good points, recent 4-core radiator (bought it new about 6mos ago), Warn hubs (1yr), catalytic converter (1yr), Flomaster exhaust, smog-legal headers, Rough Country springs up front with add a leaf and a block in the back (I was told it's a 6" lift), New roll bar, new after market grille, front prerunner bumper with Dick Cepek lights which work,but are not hooked up.
    Aluminum wheels with 33 x 12.5 x 15 Mickey Thompson Baja Claws- used approx. 50% or better- still lots of meat left on them.
    Nice interior and I'm having a hard time leaving the radio and amp in it.
    She's and old truck, I will miss her and I'm sure the next owner will love to drive her as much as I have.

In additon to all of the info mentioned above:
    · The rear window is scratched, motor still works but is slow going back up
    · The front drive shaft was removed to replace the cardigan u-joint because of a vibration, which still needs to be done.
    · The tranny works good- when in OD, if you let off the gas and then get right back on it, it takes a couple of seconds to catch back up. I don't know why, it's been that way since I bought the truck, 5 yrs ago.
    · She has a couple of dings and dents. Previous owner put bondo on driver side door and fender, as well as painted over the pinstriping (why, I don't know)
    · The paint is chipping/cracked on the driver's door, rear quarter panel on drivers side and on the shell.

Passed CA smog last year and is registered current with clear title.

I am asking $3800 OBO

I have many pics, but not sure how to put on this site. I can email if requested, meanwhile will try to figure out upload process. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

I put some pics in my gallary- The red one is the one up for sale. The other is my new toy!!