Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

83 chevy!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by b laub, Oct 22, 2003.

1. b laub

b laub Registered Member

i found a really nice 83 chevy for sale for 3800 the body has all been redone and its got a 454, turbo 400 trans, 205 t-case, 14 bolt rear adn dana 60 front it sounds like an awsome truck but its been in the paper for a while and still hasn't sold should i be cautious of this?? what are some main points i should check out when i look at it? besides if its wet on the underside. anything else anyone could think of when i go to look at it?? thanx

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

it obviously has all the right parts, lets break this down here

is the truck stock height? stock size tires?

d60 14 bolt combo... 1200+
    th400 205 combo 800?
    454 800?
    decent body
    prolly decent interior

is this truck a true k30 or has this stuff been swwapped in

theres not too many weak points on 3/4 and one ton frames so the steering box issue is moot..
    try to talk him down a little ,even if you cant, it still sounds like a fair deal.

if you dont already know how to identify all those parts that he listed.... you should learn how, and verify that all the parts he listed are accurate. people have a funny way of thinking they have something better then they really have

3. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Take your magnet with you. I would hate for you to pay that much money for a pretty truck when the bondo falls out 6 months later. Being from Illinois you should know that even the redone rigs don't last long either....

If it passes the magnet test and the mechanicals seem tight, then I would say talk him down a bit and go for it....

4. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

How many miles on it?