Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

83 column in a 87 truck

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Batmanjr, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Alright... Not worried about the cruise control, but I want to know about the wiper control... Can or is there a way to wire the wipers to work on a three position switch? Up= HIGH, Down=LOW, and Middle= OFF??? Also, Is there anything else I'm going to have problems with running the different year columns??? THanks!
    PS. I know wabout the brights, plan on just adding the floor switch! Thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Wipers are on the dash in an 83? My '84 has them in the column and I have an '87 column installed with no modifiation necessary.

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Some other difference that may cause problems would be the chime module...wires for that. Some years the wiring position on the plugs changed, but the plugs themselves were the same.

Really best to compare the two wiring diagrams together...wire colors may have changed, but function was the same.

4. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Here is my deal.... I have an 87 with a tosted column.... I'm getting an 85 that is a standard truck and the drivetrain is going into the 83.... AS well as the column.... So I want to use the auto column from the 83 in the 87 and the 85 in the 83.... Impossible, I think not, but em I going to have to custom wire the whole thing???? Anyone already done this? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

If you need, i have the complete wiring diagram for 83 vehicles /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

ME LIke! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Please! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

7. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

you should have mail....if you don't get it, pm me /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Thanks MAn, Now I've just got to find the same for an 87! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif