Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

83 suburban parts in Oregon : free stuff

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by chopped&bobbed77burb, Sep 29, 2006.

1. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

I have a few 83 2wd suburban parts for free . I have a complete uncut wiring harness (interior&engine) . This burb had power window & door locks and a 454 . also have the stock gauges and the heater switches ( vac operated ) . I was gonna toss this stuff but thought maybe someone might need it . I will keep this up for a week and after that I will chit can them . No shipping and you got to come pick it up .

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Man you gotta offer this stuff up and be willing to ship! Well, you don't have to, but you've got money sitting around in parts. :)

Hate to see good stuff like uncut wiring go to the junk heap, the right person will pay good money for that stuff! If I was close by I'd come get it just to make the money/save the parts. :( Doesn't take but 10 minutes to box this stuff up and 10 minutes at the post office.

3. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

bruce - i'll take the climate control stuff. mine is stuck on heater, which kind of sux in the summer.

dyeager - if it means that much to ya, i can pick up and ship that wiring harness.

4. dyeager535

It ain't really to me, I'm running an electric speedo and TPI, but I'd certainly sell it if it were free or very cheap to me. I don't want to gouge anybody, so having someone ship something just so I can sell it doesn't help anyone else.

I figure if you've got storage space (I know lots of people don't) why not hold onto parts that not only aren't made anymore, but can help others out, and might make you a few bucks at the same time?

I do appreciate it, but I bet $20 someone else on here that had an engine fire or idiot PO could use a cheap, good wiring harness.

5. chopped&bobbed77burb

dyeager535 , I understand where you are coming from but I have enough crap and when I get to much stuff I just toss it out . I hate pack ratting stuff . I had some stuff that I've tried to sell and even give away and no one wanted it so so I just tossed it or scrapped it . As for shipping , it does take some effort and time on my part to box an item and ship it off and I'm a pretty busy person . I'm not trying to come off like a dick so please don't take it that way . Yes I could sit on it and make a few bucks on it but I don't have time for the nickle and dime chit . It's just better to give it away or toss it . colby , the heater control is yours . It has ac too . You can take the rest of the stuff and make some coin off of it if you want . Bruce .

6. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

hey man. called you today - is your cell the best way to reach you?

7. chopped&bobbed77burb

Yes . it's on the charger right now . I left it on in the car all night and most of the day so the battery was dead :o .

8. dyeager535

Naw, that's cool, I know where you are coming from. Stuff I thought I'd turn around and get rid of the day I got it still sits in a box in a shed, while stuff I thought I'd never sell goes right away. :)

I just wish I could hoard every good piece getting tossed away. Start a used OEM auto parts business! In 20-30 years people will be paying for this stuff what they are for 60's car parts now.

9. chopped&bobbed77burb

colby came over and picked all this stuff up :bow: . It's all gone . Thank you colby :waytogo: .

10. john39671

john39671 1/2 ton status

Do you have any of the front clip, fenders, grill, ect?

11. chopped&bobbed77burb

No . I got rid of all the body stuff about 2 years ago .