Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

84 2500 diesel burb for sale

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by Pookster, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Of course, I find this AFTER I get my truck, but thats besides the point. this truck has 78k on it! Its a bit of a haul away from me, but for 1500 bucks, wow!

Should i get it ? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CHEVY: 1984 3/4T Suburban 78k 1 owner mi, some rust, needs nothing. 6.2 diesel. $1500/bo.

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Of course, I find this AFTER I get my truck, but thats besides the point. this truck has 78k on it! Its a bit of a haul away from me, but for 1500 bucks, wow!

Should i get it ? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CHEVY: 1984 3/4T Suburban 78k 1 owner mi, some rust, needs nothing. 6.2 diesel. $1500/bo.

[/ QUOTE ]

And where is this burb?
    I just bought an 84 2500 diesel 4x4 burb but it has an ATS turbo on it and I paid $1300 with a bad engine.
    I still think it was a good deal.
    If this one is close to you get it, if it's close to me let me know I'll get it.
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. Muley

Muley 1/2 ton status

Nah, Give me the info so I can get it. Gas prices are killing me and I need to do a diesel swap.

4. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Damn truck is about 3 hrs away from me, each way- unfortunately, im leaving overseas in a few days, it would be a long haul to go there, see it, and get it back. Im trying to convince my friend to get it for now, so I can buy it off him later. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. arveetek

arveetek 1/2 ton status

Depending on what shape the body is in, since it mentions rust, and what trim level it has, that's probably about right as far as price is concerned. I bought a sweet '86 C10 6.2L suburban Silverado from a friend of mine, and I only paid $1500 for it. It had 150K miles, a brand new 700, new a/c front and rear, new oil cooler lines, etc. etc. Body was in great shape. The only problem was the water pump was out. My buddy was tired of messing with it, so I brought it home, threw a $30 water pump in it, and drove it for quite a while with no problems. I did end up selling it to a guy in New York for $3000. He took a bus down here, picked it up, and drove it home. Good for me! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Casey