Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

84 3/4 ton 4x4 and good donor truck package in so. NJ.

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by crossy, Apr 5, 2006.

1. crossy

crossy 1/2 ton status

1984 GMC 2500 ,4x4, 8 foot bed-
    PS,PB, that's it for options!.Bare bones model
    This 3/4 ton pickup was owned by a local township Dept. I bought it from a friend that got it at auction. It only has 44,000 miles, but these trucks spend a lot of time idiling and the doors get opened and closed a lot into our Del. River winds and therefore the bodies suffer. The seat also suffers from all the big butts of the township guys getting in & out so much. ( I know most of them so I can say that!).
    It has a working Meyer plow with an E46 pump. Plow is manual angle. With manual angle and having only 44K on the truck it was probably not used a whole lot other than the local township building driveway. The plow looks bad in the pics, but shows almost no wear.

INTERIOR, blue, everything is ripped , or cracked . door panels are not too bad. gas gauge works, idiot lights work.I have a perfect gray vinyl Ford seat here that I can throw in for $100 for the buyer only. the ford seats are an easy fit into these year GM trucks.

EXTERIOR, The two doors are re-useable and fairly straight., ALL OTHER SHEETMETAL is rusted or dented. Good windshield & other glass. The cab is not too bad yet. the cab corners of course need to be replaced and the outer rockers. The floors , floor supports and inner rockers are in suprisingly good shape with no rot holes. This cab is definitely fixable. There is no rot around the front or rear windows.

DRIVETRAIN, This is a 350- 4 barrel not 305 like most 81-86 models. 3/4 tons used 4 bolt engines. It start easily and does semi- idle on it's own. engine still sounds OK inside but misses badly. No guarantees on this engine being roadworthy. There is a freeze plug that is rotted out at the BACK of the engine and it leaks steadily from inside the bellhousing.
    The 700R4 overdrive transmission is a GM replacement trans and I do not how many miles is on it, but it can't have too many with the truck only having 44K. It shifts well. The transfer case works fine too. It has auto locking hubs and you can 'feel' that the 4WD is engaged. rear tires are OK the front ones suck. It's a real 3/4 ton and has the big rear end, but I have no idea of the gearing , but are not posi.

I have had this 84 GMC K20 4x4 FOR SALE here for a while , but I just got another parts truck that will sweeten this whole deal for someone that has better health and more ambition than me.
    Here’s the deal, the 84 ¾ ton 4x4 has only 44K on the body and clean title, but was local twp. truck so it got abused. Anyway the only sheetmetal on this truck that is any good is the tailgate and the cab itself,. The floors are solid and so are the supports. It needs the usual cab corners and one rocker is bubbly. The inner rockers are still good also. The tranny in this truck is a GM replacement 700R4 with appx. 15K miles on it and shifts fine. The transfer case is good also. The 350 engine in this one is about wasted, but should be a good 4 bolt core you can sell.
    It will also include the Meyer plow pictured that works fine, but is manual angle
    Both trucks are NON- A/C trucks.Custom Deluxe with no options.
    The new donor truck is a 2WD 84-86??? Also, but has no title or VIN # so I’ll call it an 85. This truck spent all of it's life in Tx then Va. It has a GM crate 350 with unknown mileage in it that starts right up quietly and is dry as can be on the outside with no oil leaks. This truck has only 87K on it so the crate engine can't have many miles on it. It has a performer intake & carb with elect choke. There is a NON computerized HEI there also.The carb needs JUST to be disassembled and cleaned because the guy was running it w/o a filter. There is a good radiator/fan/shroud in this 85. The bed on it is at least an 8 on the 1-10 scale. Dual tanks and not even a hint of rust and it looks just as good underneath. The GMC tailgate will be included on this bed. Rear step bumper is straight and clean. stainless dumbo mirrors. Both front fenders are perfect. The doors on both trucks are straight & saveable, but need patches on corners. I have a clean, straight ,brown, good hood that is not pictured. The 85 has a nice Full dual exhaust system from the manifolds back. There is a supposed good 2WD 700R4 in the back of the truck and I can see it has a newer converter on it dated 2004.
    The only parts I am keeping are the mags/tires off the 85( it will have stock rims on it), the 85 ‘Chevrolet’ tailgate, one of the front bumpers. The sliding window out of the C20, but you will get a sliding window in the deal. I just want the one with the black frame. I could even be talked into including any of those parts for a little extra$$
    Extras you can sell- front grille trim, tube grille, decent cab from the 85, push bar & lights, good windshield, C20 2WD frame with clean ‘A’ arms, 350 4 bolt core, 2wd 700R4 trans.
    This is an easy swap to do and if you want to finish it all the way at least you don’t have to contend with stripes or tu-tone paint jobs that you need to strip. I’ve been parting these trucks out long enough to know that I can get plenty of $$ from the parts, especially the dual tank bed, but I want all this stuff outta here so it’s a package deal. I’m not parting anything out. You can’t buy a nearly rust free ,3/4 ton, 4x4 with plow for less $$ than this so you're going to have to build it yourself. I'm basing my combo price on the transmission, plow, good running 350 engine with unknown,but low mileage ,rust free 8 foot bed with dual tanks, two perfect fenders, alum. tool box and other useable parts. I am not selling partsoff of either.
    It's $1900 for everything.
    If you need more pics than E-mail me.not PM
    The trucks are located in Pennsville, N.J at the base of the Delaware Memorial Bridge and at the bottom of Rt. 295 and the NJ turnpike so am very easy to get to. I am only 30 minutes south of
    the Philadelphia airport and 10 minutes from Wilmington, De. I do not take checks OF ANY TYPE, so it's wire transfer or cash only.
    I Have a trailer, but obviously this is a multi-truck deal and I can only haul one at a time. Thanx for looking. DAVID
    call 856-678-7883 Before 9 PM EST or email me at all4trux@snip.net

c20wht LF.JPG

c20wht rr.JPG

c20wht und bed.JPG

84gmc4x LF.JPG

84gmc4x rr.JPG

2. crossy

crossy 1/2 ton status