Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

84 for an 87?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Kelboski, Jul 21, 2000.

1. Kelboski

Kelboski 1/2 ton status

i have an84 K5 w/ a 305/700r4/10bolts/np208/4"susp w/33's......my situation is, a friend of mine wants to buy it for more than i have in it...1 grand more, so i'm going to sell it to him. i have found an 87 K5 w/ a 350 TBI/10 bolts 700r4 and a 6" susp lift w/ 35's...(brand new Bfg muds). the price is about 2 grand less than i'm selling mine for. it has a tranny cooler which is important to me b/c i tow my ski boat around. the reason i want the 87 is due to the extra power the 350 gives. the 350 is rebuilt and the tranny has just been resealed with an a-1 approval by the tranny shop. it also appears to have a beefed up rear d shaft which i like. finally.......my question is, what should i look for on the 87 to make sure its ok? the main points to check? i'll have an extra 2 grand if i sell mine and buy this one, so thats a plus also. could someone give me advice on what to look for, i know the obvious things, but some tips would be GREATLY appreciated.
    thanks in advance...Kelboski
    p.s......it has alot more power than my 84 305 :)

2. MyK-5

MyK-5 Registered Member

but are your going from carb. to TBI. If you like it take it plus you'll have extra money to tinker with it.

Charley

81 Beater

3. Kelboski

Kelboski 1/2 ton status

yes, i have a four barrel rochester, i'll be going to tbi.....i think that's a good thing, exept when it comes time to fool with it. compared to adjusting a carb i mean.