Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

84 K10 Lift Opinions Needed

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by 400K10, Jan 20, 2005.

1. 400K10

400K10 Registered Member

hey guys

here is what i have and want.

i have an 84 k10 and would like to get around a 3 " lift. the suspension is probably original on my truck and i think it is time for an upgrade. i would like a lift that retains drivability and maybe a better ride:). i am still using stock rims and tires, will upgrage these later

right now, my truck sits a little higer in the rear. i think someone put on 3/4 ton springs or helpers in the rear.

any suggestions or links would be great.

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

get a nice 4" kit and do the flip in the rear . and go full greasable . it will ride like a caddy. did it to my old truck and WOW!!!!!! i have goten a lot from ord and its all good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool1:

3. 400K10

400K10 Registered Member

who sells a nice and reasonable 4" kit?

what do i need to do the flip in the rear?

as far as full greasable, do these come with the lift kit or do i buy them extra and if so from where??

what is ord??

thanks.

i did my jeep with a warn black diamond 3". nice but pricy

my ram with a superlift, total crap.

come on guys, if you dont feel like typin, email me a # and i will call and we can chat.

i have been out of the off road scene for a few years and have no clue who to deal with and what is out there.

the guys at the auto parts stores around here only know bolt on parts for jap scraps import cars.

4. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

There are many combinations and ways to lift a truck these days. With that said, before this gets too technical....

You stated your lookin for a good ride and driveability..with it only bein a 3" kit yer after, I would recommend BDS springs, but thats just me. I know alot of people who have been very happy with them.

What do you plan to do with the truck and what kind of performance are you lookin for? I say this because if yer just lookin to clear some tires and take it out on the weekends and kick a lil mud, maybe a trail every now n then... theres no need for a flex suspension.

But if yer lookin for kick ass, full-on articulation thats another story lol.

ORD is OffRoad Design. They make a kit that allows you to use your stock springs but get 4" of lift by using a custom rear spring hanger. Essentially you flip yer shackle, refer to there site for a beter picture of it.... www.offroaddesign.com

Greaseable simply is the bolts that hold up the springs...they are drilled and tapped with zerk fittings to accept grease into the bushings, said to add a lil flex and point son the ramp.

P.S. I resent that Superlift comment LOL. I have always had great luck with there springs.

P.S.S. This thread would go better in a different area of the forum.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2005
  5. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Check out the suburban build in our "custom rigs" section HEREIt should be just what you're looking for. That should give you a pretty good recipe, if you're looking for more, call us or post up again.