Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

85 Blazer suspension

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by kazoo20, Sep 29, 2003.

1. kazoo20

kazoo20 Newbie

Hi , I'm kinda new to the 4x4 world and need some advice. I have a 85 full size Blazer 4x4 and right now its mainly stock and I plan on making a lot of upgrades to get it how I like it. It is stock lift right now and it could ride much better I know, I may put in a 2 in. lift not sure yet but I wonder if anyone has any suggestions on what I could do to upgrade this crappy suspenion that rides like a farm tractor ? Better or heavier springs ? shocks ? diff. sway bars ? anything at you can give me advice on and reccomend for upgrading the stock suspension to make it ride better ? Thanks for any help ? feel free to e-mail me if you want with yoru advice thanks ! mark /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. seanp

seanp Registered Member

You know it's funny how my old 79 3/4 chevy with 6" lift rode better than my 83 Jimmy which is stock. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I think a set of aftermarket springs and shocks should soften things up a bit.

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well, I have an 85K5 too and thought the same thing. I put on a pro comp 6 incher with just blocks in the back and now it rides like an empty dump truck. Enjoy your current ride while it lasts. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif although I hear the tough countries ride decent. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

I have a 2.5" tough country front and rear springs,Pro Comp ES3000 shocks, I am very pleased with the ride. More solid than before. The difference in height was considerbly noticeable. I only have 32" tires so they look a little small, planning on going to 33x12.5 some time soon. Good luck on you decision. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif