Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

85 burb dully

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kyrel69, Jan 2, 2002.

1. kyrel69

kyrel69 1/2 ton status

I just bought a 85 dully burb. I was told that it converted at the dealler to a dully. It has a 305 and a 4speed auto in it. Is there any good place to get more infor about it. And was I told right about the dully part?

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

They were never offered by the factory. But I've seen a few of them out driving around over the years. The right way to do it would be to swap in a rear axle from a dual wheel pickup. But the cheaper way to do it is to just use some custom adapters and wheels to convert it to the duallie look. They look pretty mean with those big fender flares out back. [​IMG] But it must get pretty tricky trying to park one.... [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

3. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

yeah, they never offered them that way from the factory, but the dealers often threw a heavier dual axle under the back, replaced the front 20 series badges with 30 series badges, had them recertified, and called them things like `20,000 GCW Trailering Specials. '

I'm somewhat surprised that they only have a 305 in such a large hauler vehicle, but who knows. it also could have been aftermarked done... all one needs is either the wider axle, or adapters, and some of the fiberglass fenders, and you've got the dualy burb.

hope you have fun with that thing, and don't have too much trouble parking it.

-Rich

My truck isn't ugly, you have a skewed sense of beauty

<font color=blue>2007 Ford XLS++ intrepid Ram Superduty 7000 R-type's suck</font color=blue>

4. holyjohnson

holyjohnson Registered Member

CENTURION CONVERSIONS offered dually burbs best known for the ford "burban" on the f-350 platform and i think geneve also did for awhile also as well as more then a few dealerships.
    nice trucks i love the centurion fords but WAY to much money.
    never heard of a 305 in one though.only ones ive actually seen had 454 on 3/4 platforms.and powerstroke and 460 fords.sounds cool though like to see some pics of it.

"well,are you gonna pull them pistols,or whistle dixie!?"

5. holyjohnson

holyjohnson Registered Member

p.s. best bet is to contact the dealer it came from they may still have the original shipping info still on record.
    goodluck

"well,are you gonna pull them pistols,or whistle dixie!?"

6. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

305ci? Is it a 1/2 Ton?

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/chvyhs>WebShot Pics</a>