Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

85 cucv m1008 help ?

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by 4x4k20, Jan 25, 2003.

1. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

i have got a 85 m1008 i had to replace the injector pump it was leaking. i had a extra pump and put it on but now it seems sluggish/ i think it has some thing to do with the timing it runs fine but when you go to take off it kinda boggs but then hauls ass i have tryed moving the pump from side to side but it stays the same. so how do you correctly set the timing on a 6.2 diesel?

2. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

The device we use is called a Tach n' Time. Kinda pricey tool if you're only doing one truck. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    The device we use is called a Tach n' Time. Kinda pricey tool if you're only doing one truck.

[/ QUOTE ]
    How does that work?

4. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

E-bay has one for sale.

The Tacn N' Time has a magnetic probe that senses rotation of the harmonic balancer (RPM) and a clip on sensor for the No #1 injection line that picks up the advance (pulse) timing. An "offset" is programmed into the Timer, depending on the model, and the actual reading (engine running) is a digital read out. Actual adjustment requires movement (rotation) of the injection pump /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif