Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

85 k20- 700

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by chevyuser74, Sep 17, 2006.

1. chevyuser74

chevyuser74 1/2 ton status

1985 k20

350/700r4/208- replaced in 2004 original engine cought on fire
    dana 44/14bolt sf
    bought from previous owner and put new rims on it, tires about 1/2 to 3/4s tread left on em, did a front end alignment, i put in new front precision u joints, a drivers side moog ball joint, pass side carquest brake caliper and line, and wagner brake pads, and spicer locking hubs, i did not use cheap parts to fix this truck brake pads are top of the line wagner, i bought the truck from a family friend fixed it and drove it for a while now getting rid of for 700, i have more money in it, now for the bad it has the typical rust of the chevys, the drivers side tank leaks but the passengers is fine, it wont pass emissions, it needs a cat a universal one would work bout $65 i straight piped the truck, this truck it runs great despite its rust issues and it has great tires on it and most vehicles for 700 have **** tires on em so u end up spendings 200-500 right away, brand new brakes as previously mentioned, none of the work was back yard rigged either i work at a shop
    also have a 95 sunfire that has 142,000 that im currently doing head gasket on, the head is getting machined, im using fel-pro gaskets and the valves will be getting done, and head bolts replaced asking 2,000 i have excellent service records for this car from previous owner.
    i also have a 89 cadillac that my dad wants to sell, and a 74 blazer that i might sell if the price was right

2. chevyuser74

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Off topic: Good God! Where are the periods and paragraphs? That was one LONG sentence in one LONG paragraph. Made it hard to read and understand it.

4. chevyuser74

ya i flunked english sorry, also i put new kyb monomax shocks all the way around it, not the cheap line either put them on yesterday