Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

85 k5 4x4

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SueB, Nov 10, 2002.

1. SueB

SueB Newbie

I have an 85 k5, wantin to add some mods, but not sure what to do . i am new to this. i want to add a 3 in lift and rn 35 tires. i want to use it for mud and a little rock crawl. as it sits it has a 305( when it dies it will be replaced with a 350) 33 in tires. what needs to be done? i know this is the place to find out everything i need to know & do. Lift, wheels & tires, anything else & sugestions??? HELP. Thanks guys.
    Sueb

2. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

i have an 89 with 4" lift and 35's (see pics) and you may considder a 6" lift. mine rubbed under full flex, and no swaybar. i trimmed a little and it clears fine now. but i still wish i went with 6" kit. also depending on your gears, you may want to considder changing them out. my rig is a dog on the street with the 35's and 3.42's
    good luck
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Well, first off, please fill out your profile, it helps us help you. Lift, I really recomend a suspension lift over a body lift. I went 6" becouse it still left me with pleanty of mod options. To use 35" tires, you could do some fender trimming, or a lift. You do relize you'll have to regear your axles also with the larger tires I hope. I would recomened getting 3/4 Ton or 1 Ton axles, much stronger then your stock axles, and most of the time you can find them with the gears you'll need for your tire size. Welcome to CK5 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif