Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

85 K5 Exhaust suggestions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RedDevil, Dec 6, 2005.

1. RedDevil

RedDevil 1/2 ton status

Hey guys, I picked up an 85 Blazer for a cheap winter truck/offroad project for 350$. Ya, its rough around the edges but thats why it should make a nice project. Anyway, its needs an exhaust. I did some searching around but still am looking for a good header back system, single or dual, doesn't matter. What are most of you guys running? Summit as a full system for 240$, thats headers and all but it looks to be pressbent pipes. Any suggestions would be great.

2. RedDevil

RedDevil 1/2 ton status

Anyone?? :confused:

3. mciahpv

mciahpv Registered Member

Depends (everything does, I guess...)

I've got an '86 that I removed the converter from and just had the local shop hook up Flowmasters from the headers back. Love the way it sounds. I did some lifting which caused some interference with the pipes behind the muffler, so I just had the pipes behind the mufflers cut off and turn downs put on in their place.

It's really not too terribly loud and has a nice throaty sound. I think the turndowns cost me about $20 total, even with the mufflers and pipe, I think you could still get it for less than the Summit price. Stay away from the chain exhaust places and make friends down at the local mom and pop muffler store.

That's my Nobel prize winning .02 at least...

4. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

buy some headers and go to an exhaust shop and tell em you just want a simple exhaust. Mine cost 350 for a fully welded setup (header-back)