Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

85 k5 questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k54me, Jul 11, 2005.

1. k54me

k54me Registered Member

my friend has a 85 k5 he wants to sell for $300 it no longer has the origional 350 it now has a 327. it also has no transmission in it, i hope it has a transfer case. the body looks to be in good shape and it has some new tires on it. if i buy it how much do you think its gonna cost me to get a tranny (turbo350 i guess) and transfer case. and how hard is it going to be to put back together. i have to know if im buying it by today so any quick responses would be great.

2. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

300 isn't a bad price but have to take a look at the body. If you had a location would be a little easier to determine.

Locating a tranny and transfer to go in it won't be a problem, neither will putting it back in. Wish I could run up on a deal like that, it has truggy writen all over it............

3. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I have seen a TH 350 + NP 203 go for $150 on ebay. I bought a TH 350 off ebay once (which blew up minutes after starting the motor) and shipping was $90.

4. k54me

k54me Registered Member

Im not going to buy it. i went to ge see it the body is great no rust wich is rare in NY but it had no tranny no transfer case the steering column was in the back along with many other parts, it needed a little more work than i wanted to put in considering i have other projects to finish. Thanks for the help and the quick responses.