Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

85 K5 rear seat fold and tumble?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Jew Pimpin, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Jew Pimpin

Jew Pimpin Registered Member

Does it fold and tumble? Or just fold? Got a friend with an 85 who is having trouble with the tumble part.

2. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Mine folds and tumbles (85). It should be as easy as folding it and grabbing the handle in the back and giving it a good jerk which will cause it to fold torward the front seats.

3. Jew Pimpin

Jew Pimpin Registered Member

4. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

jus like he said, just give it a good tug should come up. also make sure when u put it back down to push it in hard so it locks, otherwise it will just sit sloppy and bounce up and down

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

85 definitely had the fold'n'tumble rear seat. I haven't had mine for years, but if I remember right, you pull a lever on the side to fold the seat, and then there is a wide steel loop handle thing at the back/base of the seat that releases it to tumble.

j

6. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

LOL, this brings up a funny story. Couple weeks ago I was taking a batch of parts I sandblasted to a friends place. I was in my '86 K5. I had taken the top off and folded the rear seat. After delivering the parts I unfolded the seat and hit the highway. Doing about 70mph and the wife notices it got kinda dark inside. We look back and the seat didn't latch and the blowing air from us flying down the highway had lifted it on it's hinges and it was 'floating' behind out seats. I bet the folks following us got a good laugh.

7. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

when i got my '79 K5 the seat didnt fold or tumble either. close inspection the arm rests were bent a little bit-causing it to hit and not move but a few inchs. bent them inward and some rust buster/lube and works great now