Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

85 S10 for trade

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by T-ROY, Oct 23, 2003.

1. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

My wife needs (wants) a new rig. I have a 85 S-10 4x4 to trade. It runs good with new starter and rebuilt carb. Needs Cat converter to pass DEQ. I've been over it and haven't seen anything really bad, and it never misbehaves too bad when I drive it. I also have an 80 K-5 with 6" lift, 35" tires, 350/350/205, etc. to trade or sell. Its cool, and I've done a lot already, but it is still a project (interior and wiring).
    What we are looking for is a 4 door Blazer, Astro van (no awd), Suburban (1/2 ton 2wd), or Jeep Cherokee. Other offers considered, but no imports.
    I will trade down if needed, but cannot add any cash or payments.

2. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

daamn dood... I wish you woulda posted this earlier today. My bro-in-law had a 2wd burb w/a 454 in it going at auction, went for $600.00 /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I'v got an 89 Jeep Cherokee, 4 dr., Larado, 4.0L- auto w/OD,
    just turned 150K. new water pump, battery, starter, motor mounts, radiator (within the last year) bad points are.. it was broken into and the amps for the stereo I had were stolen as was the deck face. so the drivers door lock was messed up, it won't let a key slide in and the window won't go all the way down.

it gets 14 or so mpg. resent tune up too, plugs, wires, cap and rotor.

It's blue with grey fender flares and bottom trim.

I have a guy looking at it but that means nothing.

-Jeremy

4. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

I'm not at all concerned with stereo or door lock. Those are things that I can fix. I'm concerned with driveability. My wife and kids are going to be driving in it. Are you interested in the S-10 Blazer? If so, understand that I have $0 to play with. Do you have any pics, or would you be into coming up to Vancouver to work a deal? I'm meeting Badbowtie in Woodburn on Saturday at 12:00 /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif. Do you want to try to hook up, or is that not enough notice? PM me, I'll check it in the morning. I understand that you under bid me on a set of bumpers /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. Oh well, what do you build? Are you coming up to the meet and greet at Juliano's? I'm not sure when its supposed to happen, but I'll be there.
    T-roy
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

It runs out great. I just took it on a wheeling trip the first part of august it was a 5 hour freeway trip (here to portland back to here, down to cottage grove then back to here) only down fall was the power steering cap blew off and the fornt bumper is tweeked( I have a new one here for it but I'm waiting til th ebuyer gives me the go ahead)
    since June or so I have put probably 2,000 or so miles on it running to Madres and portland area with it.
    I'v got some only pics of it, But I'll have to roudn them up. my friend has one on her site but it is protected so I can't get the link.
    I work weekends so saturday is a no go.
    Under bid you???? LOL I under bid MYSELF,LMAO

I build the following:
    rear shock kits
    engine crossmembers for crossover steering clearence
    bumpers
    steering braces
    front shackles
    Soon to have:
    anti wrap bars
    hi steer steering stabalizer mount

if the time fits I'll be up for the meet and greet for the pizza

I'd be interested in either one.

6. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

The front bumper is the least of my concerns (imagine that), just gives me an excuse to build one. What value do you put on the Jeep? I'm valueing the S-10 at about $1100'ish. Stock hieght, never messed with. I just put a new starter in and rebuilt the carb to try to get through DEQ (pronounced "Bastards"). It does need a catalytic converter. Interior is clean but has seen some wear but was detailed when we bought it (6 monthes ago). As far as the K5 goes, I would rather not get rid of it (Big suprise), but will if I need to. It is mechanically sound, once I put the radiator back in. The body is great, rust and damage free 80 with 85 cront clip. The draw back to it is that I had to gut the interior and wiring. I have a butt load of dash parts, but will take a little effort to put it together. Let me know what you think. I would like to do something quick, I'll get some pics soon and get them to you. What is your e-mail addy?
    T-roy

7. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Heres the bad news.. the other guy stopped in to work today and gave me $100 to hold it for him, the guy who is buying his truck from him should have his money torromow. so as of know the jeep is spoken for.

The price I have on it is $2,000 FIRM ( paid $4500 for it, theres just no market for em) I'll let ya know if this falls through

8. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

Thats cool, let me know. We'll talk if it falls through.