Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

86 454 timing/carb questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5er4Life, Nov 20, 2005.

1. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

So I got my 4x4 crew cab for 3800 in great shape. But it has no emissions sticker on it. I know it has passed without any problems (carfax says so) and it just passed 2 months ago. Nevertheless I cannot finds timing specs or nothing. Book says look at sticker and I searched here and cant seem to dig it up. The truck has a little sputter when taking off from a stop (or when at idle) and I am going to do a little tune up on it. If I mash it while moving the truck comes alive, and acts normal. I dont know what it might be, I do believe its fuel related though. Today I am going to do cap and rotor, fuel filter, plugs/wires, and take the carb off clean it out and slap it back on. So if anyone can help me out I would appreciate it, thanks guys.

Oh and I need to know the timing specs for this truck in cali.

2. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

ok nevermind. Im am so freakin dumb, I have taken the air cleaner off a half dozen times already playin around with this truck. And yesterday I just noticed the vaccum diagrams and everything I wanted right there on the air cleaner lid. :doah: I was looking on the core support like my blazer has it.