Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

86' Bronco II Truggy??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chalet2506, Sep 28, 2006.

1. chalet2506

chalet2506 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The rats finally ate all the wiring out of our deerlease vehicle, aforementioned 86 Bronco 2 4x4 and it won't start. We loose something electrical every year, I can't believe it's made it this long. Mechanically the truck's in good shape. I'm thinking about strippin it down and puttin a tube frame on it and using it to get into places my Chalet won't get. It shouldn't be too much bigger than one of those Kawasaki Mules and it'd would be a whole lot cheaper. I've never been involved in building anything like that, any suggestions before I get into the planning phase? And yes, I know this is a Chevy Forum.

2. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

yes i have suggestions.

first of all, weld the rear diff. you're only driving this off-road and and it's the cheapest improvement you can make.

don't put a tube frame under it unless there's something wrong with the stock frame.

what size tires does it have? throw on 29s if you have stock gears or 31s if you have deep enough gears.

build some rocker panel protection.

wheel it.

with a locked rear and some aggresive tires, you'd be surpised where that'll go.

3. chalet2506

chalet2506 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The frame's fine as far as I know, I should've said tube cage. We're kickin around the idea of putting some kind of 2 man cage up front, then a little flatbed on the ass end.