Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

86' C-10, or 78' K-10.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by theitalian404, Aug 21, 2005.

1. theitalian404

theitalian404 Registered Member

Hi all, I am really in a fix, and need some help.I just sold my 93' S-10 Blazer 4x4 today..My plans were to buy my friends 78' K-10 stepside for $700, and lift it, lock it, and so on. It's a stick shift, w/350. It has some rust on the drivers side floor pan, and around edges of fenders. But my other friend just offered to sell me his 86' C-10 for $250. It also has a 350, but is an auto. It has NO rust, and just need some body work due to some small dents, and a rear main seal. I would probably drop in my 383 stroker, and tub it out with a ford 9" rear end. Both of these vehicles run, and have a lot of potential. However I just don't know which route to go...street truck, or off-road? So much fun both ways. Either option I know im going to spend a lot of time and $$$$$$$ thats why I just need some advice. I know it's all up to me...but I can;t make up my mind! Please give some advice.

thanks,
    anthony

2. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

always go 4x4. it just costs more! :D

3. MOBK5

MOBK5 1/2 ton status

I think you came to the wrong site for this. Go with the K..... always the K.

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

My advice....

If your a TRUE CK5'er,you'll buy BOTH trucks! :haha: :haha: ...then you'll have the best of both worlds--a nice 2wd street cruiser for the good weather--and a 4x4 to beat thru the winter months (although in GA I doubt you'll lock the hubs on the street very often!)...but for less than a grand,2 trucks in decent condition is a hard price to beat..perhaps you could buy the 2wd and use the cab and sheet metal on the 4x4,or sell it for decent money once its fixed up--then you'll have money for the lift kits,tires,etc for the 4x4.. :crazy:

5. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

duh. Simple. Get both!!!