Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

86 CUCV starter problem

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by greggyg, Apr 4, 2006.

1. greggyg

greggyg Newbie

I don't really have any idea how to go about fixing this. But when i went to start my blazer the starter stuck and kept running after a had taken the key out, then i went and turned the disconnect switch off, after i turned it back on the starter started spinning again finally after the next time i disconnected it shut off, and i got back in and it started up with no problems. Afterwards i realized that my stereo had blown out and i had to brake lights but all the other lights were fine. Does anyone got any advice. Thanks

2. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

sounds like your selnoid might have stuck closed

3. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

That would be my guess. Welded contacts inside the solenoid. If you're still running a 24V system, I have no idea where you would find another one. :dunno:

4. greggyg

greggyg Newbie

thanks. thats what im thinking now too. when it happened it blew 3 fuses and the one in my radio. So i guess it is time to convert it from 24V to 12

5. 5150_BEAST

5150_BEAST Registered Member

86cucv starter problems

smack it with an m-16....thats what we used to do in the army...those piles were always having some problem or another...but when they run right they will run through a brick wall and mow down the enemy:D

6. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

Try this place http://www.nationsautoelectric.com/ . They list repair parts for most (all?) starters including the 24V CUCV. Save the wear and tear on the butt stock of your M16 :rolleyes:

7. 5150_BEAST

5150_BEAST Registered Member

cucv starter problems...

you liked that one huh diesel dan...the m-16 is more than a killing weapon,and starter smacking tool...you should see how well of a rotisserie it makes:D :haha: