Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'86 Exhaust Question!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5XLR8R, Aug 23, 2000.

1. K5XLR8R

K5XLR8R 1/2 ton status

\'86 Exhaust Question!!

Ive got an 86 blazer, and I want to put a cat-back dual exhaust system on it...everything ive seen in JC Whitney,Performance Products, and even Flowmaster...dont give any info or offer a system like this...was wondering if there was a reason for this? Is there something about the '86 models??..I've found some for '87's...?? weird.
    thanks for any help!!!

2. 86blazerk5

86blazerk5 1/2 ton status

Re: \'86 Exhaust Question!!

They will all fit. If you find it for an 87 it will fit except you may need a small peice of adaptor pipe. i cant remeber exactly where but there somwhere around the cat is a diferent size pipe and flowmaster and all didnt want to make two kits so simlier aso they say they dont make it for 86 and own. But if you buy one for 87 and up you can make it fit with verry littletrouble. Maybe a little custom work at a local exhuast shop, or if you are capable, you can do it your self. I plan to when I have the money. I too have an 86. GFood luck
    Ike

Jeep, what every boy dreams of... K5 what every man owns!!!

3. K5XLR8R

K5XLR8R 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the 411!!

4. 86blazerk5

86blazerk5 1/2 ton status

no prob, let me know how it turns out becuase I will be doing thta next summer!
    Ike

Jeep, what every boy dreams of... K5 what every man owns!!!