Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

86 Front Clip

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chaz316, Jul 30, 2001.

1. Chaz316

Chaz316 1/2 ton status

I purchased an 86 Custom Deluxe front clip on saturday. I paid a hundred bucks for it. It came with both fenders the hood the wheel well liners the grill the wiper cowl radiator support and even the AC condenser. Is there any thing else that I may need Ive looked over the upgrade in the tech specs I just wanted to make sure I had everything.

73 K5, 350, auto w/factory air....How sweet it is.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Friend just did this swap on a '76. The gap between the doors and the fenders was excessive afterwards. Not sure why, no way he could fix it, but I'm thinking after all the twisting the sheetmetal gets, it is anything but "as manufactured" by this time in its life.

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    No anti-theft measures on your truck? No pity when its stolen

3. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

Be careful how the radiator goes in. Make SURE it fits. I swapped a 74 rad. to an 83, and I didn't have the right mounts. It popped out the other day and made out with my flex fan.

So, if you are swapping in your old radiator, triple check thaqt everything fits. I got to looking at it, and the rad. supports really weren't the right width to fit the rad. anyways.

Good luck.

Lift It, Lock It, LIVE IT!!!

4. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

You need the hood hinges and seals off of the doner truck. You will need to cut holes in the cowl to mount the hinges. use the doner truck to develop some templates for the cutting. Other than that it is pretty straight forward.

'85 K5 : Run it til it breaks, then fix it and go again!