Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

86 GMC Shortbox w/ 350/465/208

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by CUCV2, Apr 20, 2007.

1. CUCV2

CUCV2 1/2 ton status Premium Member

FS is an 86 GMC Shortbox with:

350 V8 - Stock w/ an Edelbrock Carb. Starts and runs great.
    SM465 - Stock. Shifts and drives well
    208 - Stock. Shifts and drives well. Might need a seal where the slip yoke is.
    Axles - 12B / 10B w/ 3.73 gears. Joints are good. Warn hubs. Everything works well.
    Brakes - New Calipers and pads up front. Rears work well. Ebrake good.
    Body - Good for age. New rocker and cab corner on P-side. Doors and fenders have been replaced. P-side fender has some scuffage but no rust. New inner fenders. Floors solid and original. Shortbox good but does have some minor bubblage.
    Tires - 31" (stock size) BFG Muds w/ about 70% tread.
    Wheels - Currently has American Racing Aluminum 15". Stock Rally Wheels w/ centercaps are included.
    Glass - All good. Sliding window in back.
    Interior - This is one place that could use work. Like a new dashpad, carpet, and maybe seat. The seat is fine but it not for this truck and could use some adjustments to make it fit better.
    Springs - All seem to be good except the D-side front which is sags.

It runs and drives down the road nice. It is a little low geared for the highway but a set of 33s would make it just about right.

The original plan was to put on D60 front and rear w/ 6 lug hub conversion. I have the D60 rear all done. I picked up a DRW D60 front and that is still in its original condition. I can sell these w/ the truck or separate. I am looking to get $2400 for just the truck. $3900 for the truck and axles. Will consider trades.

March 040.jpg

March 041.jpg

March 042.jpg

March 043.jpg

March 040.jpg

March 041.jpg

March 042.jpg

March 043.jpg

2. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

damn, my friend would love this to bad its out of his price range. good luck