Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

86 Jimmy (Good Deal?)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Cua757, Jun 29, 2000.

1. Cua757

Cua757 Registered Member

Okay, I found an 86 K5 Jimmy with a turboed 6.2 litre engine. (The turbo was installed when new) The truck has 134000 K on it and runs strong. It's got a four inch lift and 33's on it right now. New transmission in 95 or 96, new rear diff in 97, frame is straight, body has almost 0 rust, and the interior is still in good shape. The engine misses once in a while, though. I believe the injectors need to be replaced, and perhaps the fuel pump as well. The power windows are a little slow, but who cares. The owner wants 4000 canadian for it now, and I would really like to buy it. The only thing is that I would like to know if there is anything specific I should look for before I buy the truck from him. Anyone out there got any advise? I would really appreciate any help.

Gonna Get me a Machine...

2. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

buy it or better yet tell me where it is and I will go buy it. it sounds nice

[​IMG]Go prepared

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

If it has almost no rust then its a keeper(rust is a pain in a$$). You can speed up the power windows by greasing up the regulators and gears. Give the engine a tune-up and it'll be great.

YEEEEE HAWWWWW[​IMG]

4. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a good deal. what is 4000 in candian in us money just courious. Also check for floor rust and bed rust.

5. Cua757

Cua757 Registered Member

Re: 86 Jimmy (Good Deal?) update.

4000 Canadian translated to American dollars is roughly 50 bucks... Just joking! (although that's what it seems like most of the time) It is actually somewhere around $2700 or so american. So if you're sorta money conscious , you'll buy your stuff in Canada and save yourself a few thousand dollars.

Gonna Get me a Machine...

6. Rockblazer

Rockblazer 1/2 ton status

If the body and the suspension and running gear all seem pretty solid you are only left with the engine. Slow electric windows don't count. As far as the engine missing, diesels do not miss like a gas engine. Um, me thinks maybe you feel a surge? Could be transmission. However for the price, I would take it to someone and have them take a look at it if you fell leary. Diesel repairs are costly period. Injector rebuilds normally run from $30-$50 a piece. Pump can run in the vicinity of $500. That's my 2 cents... make that American! Take care... Todd

"You're right... I don't understand that Jeep thing!"