Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

86 K25 Spring/Shackle Bushings Squeaking is Driving Me Craaazzzy!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Dave1, Jan 20, 2003.

1. Dave1

Dave1 Registered Member

My 1986 GM K25 4WD pickup spring and shackle bushings are squeaking bad. The truck has a 2" "Superlift" brand lift kit installed with blocks in the rear and new springs and bushings in the front. The rear springs and bushings are all original and seems to be where most of the squeaking is coming from. It squeaks at the slightest movement when rolling along, when in a strong wind when parked, or when a knat lands on it. Is there anything that can be sprayed or poured onto the bushings that will permanently stop this hideous noise? What/how is the best fix? Thanks, Dave

2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

I used antiseize on all my bushings when I put them on and dont have any problems. You might want to try graphite. You can buy the stuff in an aerasol can that sprays a liquid but dries in a powder. I dont know if you will be able to help much without disassembling it.