Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

86 K30 6.2L I think he is trying to hide something......

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 84CUCV, Oct 27, 2003.

1. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Specs, 6.2L 60/14B 4.10 gears open 400/205 Body is not to good, not to bad 55k miles I went to look at it and he said I was the first to look at it, but when I got there it was warm. Who in there right mind would buy a truck they could not drive? I was about to leave the driveway and he flipped. The truck is not on the road. So what I said I was just going to take it down the street. He got pissed at me. I don't know to much about these trucks yet to make a good decision. I don't want to throw 3k out the window and buy a piece of crap. What could he be hiding? Any ideas would be appreciated. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

Thanks Mike

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Prolly hiding a truck that's hard to start when cold...GP's are probably not in tip top shape.

As for not letting you drive it on the road, I'd be the same way if the truck had no insurance. Then again insurance is mandatory here.

I'd ask to come back and check out the truck when it's dead cold for one, and also arrange some sort of short term insurance so it can legally be driven. Have him come with you on the test drive if he's nervous...

Rene

3. k5guyva

k5guyva 1/2 ton status

If you think he's hiding something, he probably is. Its common sense to test drive a truck that you are going to buy. Either find another one, or tell him that you aren't going to buy it without driving it.

4. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

If he doesn't have the truck currently licensed or insured than I would completely understand why he wouldn't want you driving it on public roads.

5. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    If he doesn't have the truck currently licensed or insured than I would completely understand why he wouldn't want you driving it on public roads.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would say the same thing--------but the warm up thing batt or it was been sitting to long and went to test it ( i would ) but make shore it gets all the gears

6. 84CUCV

I didn't think it was that big a deal, but you guys are right. I will give it one more shot. Early on friday! thanks mike

7. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sounds like he is trying to hide something.If you ever drive by some used car lots you will see them out there first thing in the morning starting the cars up.Wonder Why?

8. 84CUCV

Yea, i know how it goes. it's funny what i person will do for money. i thought he was a good guy. One more try and I am going to pass. Thanks mike

9. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

wheres it at man, ill go stroll by too. see what he does to me.

10. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I wouldn't buy anything until I was able to drive it and check out everything totally over. I learned a lesson the hard and expensive way about this, don't do the same.

11. bpiccioni

bpiccioni 1/2 ton status

As far as insurance, if you have a liability policy, it should cover you on ANY vehicle you test drive, and any vehicle you purchase for 30 days after the purchase. This is pretty standard - otherwise, how would you safely test drive a car, new or used?

As far as licensed, out here in Oregon, it's pretty easy to get a temp license for a vehicle - I wanna say $10/month or so. The biggest hassle is going down to the DMV, which I'm sure is crappy no matter where it is! Perhaps they have this sort of thing in NJ? Not sure about IM and all that, but it would seem completely reasonable to ask the owner to buy such a license, especially if it means the difference between making a sale or not.

Another option would be to trailer the thing to a nearby offroad location, and REALLY test it! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif